MRes2 / PhD Scholarship – Genomics Implementation 1 [Due March 24, 2017]
Application deadline: March 24, 2017
The Australian Institute of Health Innovation (AIHI) seeks a PhD student to work with the Genomics Implementation 1 project: “Evaluating approaches to the implementation of genomic sequencing into Australian healthcare organisations: a theory-based process evaluation.”
In this project, the PhD student will undertake a theory based process evaluation (alongside the main implementation project) to explore the key mechanisms behind successful implementation of genomic sequencing. Qualitative and quantitative data collection methods will include questionnaire data collection and semi-structured interviews, direct observation and coding of implementation activities, and participant feedback forms. New knowledge gained from this PhD will inform the design of a generic framework for implementation of genomic sequencing which the wider body of work aims to achieve. Furthermore, evidence generated will help advance understanding of how to effectively implement new evidence into practice.
This scholarship is available to eligible candidates to undertake either a:
- Research Training Pathway MRes Year 2 Scholarship (MQRTPMRES) followed by a possible Macquarie University Research Training Program Scholarship (MQRTP) for a 3 year PhD. This is referred to as an MRes/PhD ‘bundle offer’.
- Direct entry into a 3 year PhD program.
The value and tenure of the scholarship is:
- The MQRTPMRES Year 2 full-time stipend rate is $26,682 per annum (2017 rate) tax exempt
- The MQRTP full-time stipend rate is $26,682 per annum (in 2017 tax exempt, for up to 3 years (indexed annually)
- The scholarship is comprised of a Tuition Fee Offset and a Living Allowance Stipend.
For more information and to apply, visit: http://www.mq.edu.au/research/research-centres-groups-and-facilities/healthy-people/centres/australian-institute-of-health-innovation/study-at-aihi-aihi-australian-institute-of-health-innovation/mres2phd-scholarship-genomics