2017 CDC National Cancer Conference
Registration: Advance by August 4
Date(s): August 14-16, 2017
Location: Atlanta, GA
The theme of the 2017 CDC National Cancer Conference is “Visualizing the Future Through Prevention, Innovation, and Communication,” and was chosen to represent the opportunity for translating research into practice to improve public health. A wide variety of local, state, territorial, federal, academic, national, and community-based cancer prevention and control programs will be represented, creating an excellent opportunity for attendees to meet partners from around the country.
CDC’s National Cancer Conference constitutes a major effort in advancing the mission and priorities of CDC’s National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion’s Division of Cancer Prevention and Control. Given CDC is a leader in nationwide cancer prevention and control and is a partner with state health agencies and other key groups, the goals of this conference are to provide participants with information and skills relating to:
- Applying strategies to expand and improve the role of public health agencies and practitioners in cancer prevention, early detection, treatment, rehabilitation, and palliation.
- Developing and apply strategies for an integrated and coordinated approach to reducing morbidity and mortality from cancer. Understand and use reliable research findings and data in developing interventions for comprehensive cancer control.
- Forming partnerships and relationships with others that will assist in expanding the role of public health in comprehensive cancer control and enable the achievement of comprehensive cancer control objectives.
- Implementing effective community interventions, as defined in The Community Guide to Preventive Services.
- Cancer Prevention
- Objective: To discuss the importance of cancer prevention, with a focus on primary prevention and motivating personal behavior change.
- Objective: To examine emerging technologies and their relevance to cancer control efforts, and to share the newest innovations in research regarding cancer prevention, treatment, care, and survivorship.
- Objective: To discuss the importance of communicating appropriate messages regarding cancer prevention, treatment, care, and survivorship.
For more information and to register, visit the conference website.