5th Global Symposium on Health Systems Research
Registration: Early by August 31, 2018 Date(s): October 8-12 2018 Location: Liverpool, UK
The 5th Global Symposium on Health Systems Research (HSR2018) will be held in Liverpool from October 8-12, 2018. The theme for the symposium is “Advancing Health Systems for All in the SDG Era”. The symposium will advance conversations and collaborations on new ways of financing health; delivering services; and engaging the health workforce, new social and political alliances, and new applications of technologies to promote health for all, as reflected in goal 3 of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
Key questions for this symposium include:
- How can our approach to health systems help us work across sectors to achieve shared goals of social development?
- How best should the movement for universal health coverage consider the role of the private sector in delivering and financing health care?
- How can health systems be mobilized to form the backbone of social protection for vulnerable groups?
- How should health systems engage communities to achieve universal coverage?
The deadline to submit organized sessions proposals is January 15, 2018; the deadline to submit individual abstracts is March 5, 2018. Conference organizers welcome abstracts linked to the following sub-themes:
- The SDGs as a stimulus for renewed multisectoral action
- Polemic and pragmatism: engaging the private sector in moving towards universal health coverage
- Leaving no one behind: health systems that deliver for all
- Community health systems—where community needs are located, but often the invisible level of health systems
- Other (any topic which does not fit in one of the above sub-themes but does fit with the overall Symposium theme)
- September 29, 2017—Call for abstracts opens
- January 15, 2018—Deadline to submit organized sessions proposals
- March 5, 2018—Deadline to submit individual abstracts
- April 2018—Online registration opens
- August 31, 2018—Early bird registration closes
For more information, visit: http://healthsystemsresearch.org/hsr2018/