3rd Annual GACD Implementation Science Workshop
October 17-18, 2016
Though there is a growing recognition of the importance of dissemination and implementation research, significant evidence gaps, issues and challenges still remain. These gaps include a lack of case studies of effective implementation and evidence-base from low and middle-income countries, major methodological and measurement challenges and a lack of research about how to translate evidence into policy and practice effectively. With this in mind The Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD) and Australia’s National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) are cohosting this year’s implementation science workshop to be held at the Mercure Sydney Hotel, Australia. The workshop will be conducted from 9am Monday, October 17 and will continue until lunchtime on Wednesday, October 19.
The workshop aims to:
- Introduce researchers to the field of dissemination and implementation science.
- Inform, through practitioners, policymakers and researchers, how to study and implement research findings into policy and practice.
- Expand on this field of science with regards to the use of theoretical models, research designs and measurement.
- Illustrate ways of collaborating and networking more globally.
- Showcase examples of implementation research and the uptake of research findings into policy and practice.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Dissemination and implementation – what is the challenge?
- What are some of the approaches being used? What is the state of the evidence base?
- What methods and strategies have been used for dissemination and implementation?
- What research methods and measures have been used?
- How to maximize the impact on policy and practice?