Associate/Full Professor, Implementation Science, University of Alabama School of Education, SPEMA [Ongoing, open until filled]
University of Alabama
School of Education
Department of Special Education and Multiple Abilities (SPEMA)
Position will be open until filled
The University of Alabama, Alabama’s flagship university, is a comprehensive institution whose mission is to advance the intellectual and social condition of the people of the State and the nation through quality programs of teaching, research, and service. The College of Education maintains a large array of degree programs and is heavily involved in research and outreach activities throughout the Southeast region. The College seeks energetic, creative and intellectually-empowered faculty members with strong research pedigrees who can contribute to the mission of the College and help to advance its growing national prominence.
- Teach courses or mentor doctoral students in implementation science in the field of education
- Maintain an active research/publication record
- Pursue and obtain external funding related to implementation science, model adoption, or scaling up educational evidence-based practices
- Direct student research, theses, and dissertations in implementation science and advise students
- Serve on student and faculty committees
- Collaborate in further development of doctoral and postdoctoral programs
- Earned doctorate in Education, Psychology, or a related field.
- Demonstrated research agenda with strong evidence of scholarly activity related to education or learning
- Record of awarded external funding related to implementation science, model adoption, knowledge transfer, or scaling up educational evidence-based practices
- Ability to teach courses or mentor doctoral students in implementation science in the field of education
- Demonstrated interest in models and practices related to infants, toddlers, and children with disabilities or other special needs.
- Experience in systems change in the U.S. and overseas
- Experience working in a university setting
- Experience working with collaborators from different disciplines
Further information about the program and college is accessible at www.education.ua.edu. Questions regarding this position can be directed to Dr. Robin McWilliam at email@example.com.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Starting Date: August 16, 2017
Application Deadline: The review of credentials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Process: Please apply online at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu. A letter of application, vita, names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references, unofficial transcript(s) of all graduate level coursework, and up to three samples of professional writing are required to complete the online application process.
Prior to hiring, the final candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation and submit “official” transcript(s) of all graduate level coursework.