Research Scientist—Evans Center for Implementation and Improvement Science, Boston University [Open until filled]
About the Evans Center
The Evans Center for Implementation and Improvement Sciences (CIIS) is a methodological hub for the scientific evaluation of efforts to improve healthcare delivery that integrates key components of implementation and improvement sciences with a focus on care within safety net systems. The specific objectives of CIIS are to:
- Guide, support, and innovate design of projects that rigorously evaluate the effectiveness of efforts to implement healthcare system change.
- Identify factors and strategies that accelerate the adoption and promote sustainability of effective healthcare interventions in safety net systems.
- Educate faculty and trainees in Implementation and Improvement Sciences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work in collaboration with the Center Co-Directors to:
- Innovate methods of implementation and improvement sciences through real-world research projects in a ‘safety net’ healthcare setting
- Apply rigorous implementation and improvement science methods to efforts to change healthcare delivery
- Lead and participate in manuscripts for publication in academic journals on implementation and improvement science projects
- Provide consultations about implementation and improvement sciences and partner on research projects, including conducting quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis
- Educate the local academic community on implementation and improvement sciences through seminars
- Continuously expand expertise in methods of implementation and improvement sciences with regular literature reviews
Minimum Suggested Qualifications:
- Possess a doctoral degree in a field relevant to implementation or improvement science: Medicine, Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Services Research, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Anthropology, Education, Economics/Policy, and Statistics.
- Evidence of scholarly publications and research
- Experience with research design and evaluation, particularly implementation and improvement science research
- Experienced in qualitative and/or quantitative research (eg., SAS, R, Nvivo)
- Research communication skills
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Mari-Lynn Drainoni at email@example.com.