Senior Advisor in Knowledge Translation at CIHR [Apply by August 21, 2017]
Reporting to the Manager of Knowledge Translation Strategy, the purpose of this role is to support CIHR in achieving its mandate by providing relevant strategic advice, developing, implementing and managing projects, reviewing and/or developing policies and practices related to knowledge translation and the stewardship of health research and related data. This includes responsibility for ensuring consistency across the organization and alignment with the other granting councils, where appropriate.
Additionally, Senior Advisors act as consultants on issues related to knowledge translation and health research data to the Institutes, Initiatives and branches within CIHR.
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized university or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Recent and significant experience in conducting complex, multi-dimensional analyses that have led to evidence-based advice and policy positions;
- Recent and significant experience in developing and providing strategic advice, policy options and recommendations to senior management** (e.g. briefings, reports, ministerial correspondence…);
- Recent and significant experience in planning, coordinating and implementing stakeholder consultation strategies;
- Recent and significant experience in developing and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders to clarify, influence, and facilitate the dissemination and uptake of policies and/or strategies and identify opportunities for collaboration and harmonization;
- Recent and significant experience in project management (i.e. defining objectives and parameters, planning resources, monitoring and evaluating…);
- Experience in leading and/or mentoring the work of teams and/or junior staff.
- Deep understanding of knowledge translation;
- Knowledge of the Canadian health research landscape
- Communications (Oral and Written) (e.g. synthesizing complex information)
- Working with Others (Collaborating and Relationship Management)
- Critical Thinking
- Self- Awareness and Organizational Awareness
This job posting closes on August 21, 2017.
Visit the CIHR website using the Position ID J0817-0300 for more information and to apply.