Preventing Overdiagnosis 2018
Registration: Early by May 31, 2018 Date(s): August 20-22, 2018 Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
The 6th international conference on Preventing Overdiagnosis will be hosted August 20-22, 2018 in Copenhagen, Denmark. The Preventing Overdiagnosis conference covers how physicians, researchers and patients can implement solutions to the problems of overdiagnosis and overuse in the healthcare system using evidence available and that currently being generated. The conference offers a platform for delegates to learn how to avoid waste, use best practice when communicating and engaging with patients and the public, and achieve a better understanding of the benefits of shared decision making within the constraints of modern practice.
The themes for the 2018 conference are:
- De-implementation and the Challenge of Tackling Overdiagnosis at the Level of the Consultation
- Turning Citizens Into Patients Unnecessarily
- The Impact of Power Driven Overdiagnosis: The Role of Regulators & Health Authorities
- Overdiagnosis 2.0 (Technology)
- Psychiatry and Overdiagnosis
- The Role of Risk Factors in Overdiagnosis
The deadline to submit abstracts is April 30, 2018.
For more information and to register, visit the conference website.