Implementation Science Consultant, Salient CRGT – Silver Spring, MD [Open Until Filled]
Salient CRGT seeks an Implementation Science Consultant to support a leading customer: Psychological Health Center of Excellence (PHCoE), the leading psychological health component for the Defense Health Agency (DHA).
PHCoE provides psychological health care support to the nation’s Service members, veterans, and families. PHCoE collaborates with the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and other agencies providing leadership and expertise, informing policy, and driving improvements in psychological health outcomes. The Clinical Care Branch supports the Clinical Community of Interest to implement new scientific findings and drive practice change in behavioral health care across the DoD.
The Clinical Care Branch requires an Implementation Science Consultant with a degree in public health/behavioral health capable of catalyzing new scientific findings into clinical practice change. Clinical and psychological expertise will be harnessed to inform development of training curriculum, implementation projects, and program evaluation for Clinical Care division projects being piloted across the DoD. The successful candidate will have expertise in behavioral treatment methods and techniques addressing the psychological conditions of relevance to the military. This team member will assist in developing implementation research protocols, provide clinical and research expertise to collaborating agencies, analyze and prepare data and relevant information for presentations and publications, develop and deliver program curriculum, lead training and education activities, and respond to agency inquiries related to implementation science for behavioral health.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience with implementing novel treatments, with clinical practice change management and with treating patients with behavioral health needs in a military and/or veteran care setting, a solid knowledge of evidence-based treatment and clinical practice guidelines, and a history of publishing peer-review journal articles and other scholarly and/or government-related documents.
- Master’s degree with 5-plus years of experience or DrPH/PhD degree with 2 plus years in public health/behavioral health with a concentration in Implementation Science or Certificate/Graduate work in Implementation Science
- Work for 1+ years, to include internship, in the study of methods to promote the adoption and integration of evidence-based practices, interventions and policies into routine health care and public health settings
- Ability to identify barriers to, and enablers of, effective health programming and policymaking, and leveraging that knowledge to develop evidence-based innovations in effective delivery approaches
- Experience in implementation; assessing what works, for whom and under what circumstances, and how interventions can be adapted/implemented and scaled up in ways that are effective, safe, accessible, equitable
- Experience in applying theories and methods to determine which factors promote or impede the adoption, adaptation, and maintenance of specific health-related interventions by individuals, health providers, insurers, policy makers, and communities
- Demonstrate strong understanding and knowledge of clinical practice change management.
For more information and to apply, view the job posting.