Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Implementation Science, UC San Diego Department of Psychiatry
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position with Dr. Gregory Aarons at the University of California San Diego, Department of Psychiatry. The position is in the highly collegial research center focused on implementation and effectiveness research located in central San Diego.
Dr. Aarons’ lab focuses on the implementation and sustainment of evidence-based practices in community-based settings including the development and testing of implementation frameworks and strategies, and the development of pragmatic measures to assess key implementation constructs. Dr. Aarons’ lab is also known for examination and improvement of system and organizational level factors affecting implementation and sustainment of evidence-based practice, community-academic partnerships, and the advancement and integration of quantitative and qualitative methods in implementation research.
The postdoctoral fellow will primarily work with Dr. Aarons and colleagues on a NIH funded cluster randomized study of the Leadership and Organizational Change for Implementation (LOCI) intervention in facilitating implementation of Motivational Interviewing (MI) in substance use disorder (SUD) and integrated SUD/mental health treatment settings. There will also be opportunities for working on related projects and with our existing data sets.
- Supporting the LOCI intervention and participate in leadership training
- Participating in organizational consultation
- Provide leadership coaching for LOCI leader trainees
- Interact with leaders from community-based organizations
- Support project logistics
- PhD or equivalent in public health, psychology, social work or related field
- Strong interest in implementation science and the implementation of evidence-based interventions in community settings, system and organizational implementation issues
- Knowledge of statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Mplus)
- Preferred mixed-methods experience and knowledge of qualitative analysis software (e.g., NVivo)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal and organizational skills
- Previous experience partnering with community stakeholders and community-based organizations
For more information and to apply, view the job posting.