Consultant – Curriculum Development, Society for Implementation Science in Nutrition
The Society for Implementation Science in Nutrition (SISN), is a professional and scientific society founded on the vision of “a world where actions to improve nutrition are designed and implemented with the best available scientific knowledge and practical experience.” SISN’s mission is to convene, advocate, disseminate and promote dialogue among researchers, policy leaders, government officials, funders and practitioners to advance the science and practice of nutrition implementation and includes members from all these stakeholder categories.
The Society seeks a Consultant who is passionate about improving the delivery of nutrition actions worldwide. SISN seek an early-career PhD professional, with significant work experience, who would assist SISN with establishing resources to be used in varied learning institutions and settings, to teach introductory and mid-level courses in implementation science in nutrition (ISN). The resources developed under this consultancy shall include samples of a) an introductory training course that covers the concepts and practice of ISN; and b) an advanced training course that covers the principles and methods of implementation science and implementation research in greater detail. Both sample courses will be accompanied by annotated resources (e.g., bibliographies, webinars, videos, case studies) that can be used by teachers to adapt the sample courses, a list of resources that teachers and students can access to prepare studies in this branch of the discipline, and an outline of online modules for introductory and advanced courses in ISN.
Qualifications and skills
- PhD in a relevant research discipline and formal training in nutrition
- At least three years of work experience with nutrition programs in NGO, government or UN agencies.
- Familiarity with food, nutrition, nutrition specific and sensitive issues in developing countries
- Experience in implementation science and research
- Experience in capacity building and skills development
- Excellent writing skills and capacity to analyze complex phenomena and publish findings in various forms and in a clear and concise manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and spreadsheets (or equivalents).
- Excellent organizational skills to deliver quality products and services under tight deadlines
- Personal characteristics: excellent attention to detail, ability to work independently, proactive, self-motivated
For more information and to apply, view the job posting.