Program Director, MS in Nutrition and Dietetics Program, Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise, Virginia Tech
The Virginia Tech Department of Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise invites applications for a 9-month (AY), tenure-track faculty appointment at the level of Associate or Full Professor, and Program Director, MS Program in Nutrition and Dietetics. An administrative stipend will be provided for leadership of the graduate degree program during the summer months.
Responsibilities include program administration (33%), research (33%), and teaching (33%). We are seeking a visionary leader to direct a new Master of Science graduate degree program in Nutrition and Dietetics to prepare students to become Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs). The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage in transdisciplinary research, curriculum development, and/or outreach initiatives with other university faculty working in the Adaptive Brain and Behavior (ABB) Destination Area.
- Serve as Director of the MS in Nutrition and Dietetics, and provide outstanding program leadership for the achievement of program vision, mission, goals, and objectives;
- Respond to changes in the professional landscape including dietetics educational models, curriculum and program design;
- Supervise the Assistant Director (100% FTE, assigned to manage day-to-day program activities) and other program faculty and staff; work with the Assistant Director to monitor program acceptance and oversee student progress;
- Supervise collection and evaluation of program outcomes, and supervise management of ACEND-required documentation related to program accreditation;
- Teach required course(s) in the MS in Nutrition and Dietetics program, as instructor and/or co-instructor;
- Lead a research program to complement and expand research programs in HNFE;
- Direct and assist in training graduate students at both the M.S. and Ph.D. levels;
- Participate in advising, service and outreach.
- D. in nutrition or a closely related field;
- The RD/RDN credential, and at least three years’ experience as a registered dietitian;
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics;
- Experience in an ACEND-accredited dietetic education program;
- History of refereed publications;
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively on research;
- Demonstrated ability to secure extramural funding to maintain an active research program;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully train MS and PhD graduate students;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Commitment to innovative dietetics student education.
To learn more and apply, view the job posting here.