Practicing Knowledge Translation (PKT)
Date(s): October 7-11 Location: Toronto, Ontario Cost: $2,850 CAD per person
PKT is a professional development course on how to apply KT science to real-world implementation projects to enhance and sustain project outcomes.
The course focuses on empowering individuals and organizations in the health system with the knowledge, skills, and support to effectively do KT by learning how to:
- Develop an Evidence-informed, Theory-driven Program (ETP)
- Map barriers & facilitators to change using theories and frameworks
- Systematically select and operationalize implementation strategies
- Plan for implementation, evaluation and sustainability
PKT is geared towards individuals in any health-related discipline (e.g., health care, public health, mental health) who are responsible for implementing change. Previous participants have come from a range of organizations (e.g., hospitals, funding organizations, and government agencies) with a variety of backgrounds (e.g., educators, managers, clinicians, knowledge brokers, researchers). Since 2015, PKT has been delivered to 133 participants across 6 cohorts of KT practitioners in 4 countries (Australia, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Canada).
- The cost includes introductory webinar, 5 day in-person workshop, in-person coaching support at the workshop, take-home resources, access to online resources for 2 months, and post-workshop coaching.
- Coffee/tea, snacks, and lunch will be provided during the workshop.
- The cost does not include travel to or accommodation in Toronto.
- To apply, please fill out the application form: https://knowledgetranslation.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0xqRZnYxAoEm5dX
- Applications will be reviewed on a first come first served basis. Apply now to reserve your spot!
- For questions email Melissa Courvoisier (CourvoisierM@smh.ca).
For additional information, view the course website.