Cochrane Colloquium Santiago
Registration: Early by July 25 Date(s): October 22-25 Location: Santiago, Chile
The Cochrane Colloquium is an annual event, bringing people together from around the world to discuss putting research into important global health questions and promoting evidence-informed health care.
The deadline for abstract submissions is April 12.
Abstracts for oral presentations and posters are invited in areas relevant to the work of Cochrane as well as evidence-based practice, policy, methodology, and advocacy.
The focus of the Colloquium is on ‘Embracing diversity’, which recognizes that Cochrane is a diverse community, addressing diverse health questions from diverse stakeholders using a range of diverse methods. Abstract submissions should consider the relevance to this theme. Submissions should also address or discuss diversity on reviews from different viewpoints/angles. Additionally, submissions should keep a focus on patients and other health consumers and consider their impact on, and relevance to, them.
‘Patient or healthcare consumer involvement’ is listed as a specific category. Submissions are invited in the following categories:
- Priority setting
- Global health and equity (including LMICs perspectives)
- Searching and information retrieval
- Statistical methods (basic and advanced methods not included in other separate categories)
- Overviews, rapid reviews, and other types of evidence synthesis (including maps and scoping reviews)
- Innovative solutions to challenges of evidence production (including machine learnings, searching algorithms, living meta-analysis)
- Network meta-analysis
- Diagnostic test accuracy review methods
- Qualitative evidence synthesis methodology
- Understanding and using evidence
- Knowledge translation and communicating evidence
- Inclusion of non-randomized designs
- Investigating bias
- Patient or healthcare consumers involvement and shared decision-making
- Multilingual solutions for evidence
- Education and training
For more information on abstract submission and to register, visit the conference website.