Research Scientist, Research and Analysis, National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
The Research Scientist leads and collaborates on the development and implementation of research grants, contracts, and internal projects focused on measuring and improving the quality of health care that can inform quality evaluation programs. The position is primarily funded by grants and contracts.
The Research Scientist will
- Lead and collaborate on the development of proposals
- Draw on experience, analytic skills and technical knowledge to lead and conduct research and measure development projects, including working with the Institutional Review Board for all human subjects research
- Collaborate with data scientists on methods and supervise analysts on quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis. Apply rigorous analytic thinking to interpret results.
- Author reports and manuscripts, blogs and presentations.
- Represent NCQA to key scientific and stakeholder audiences.
- Collaborate with, and/or lead projects with external stakeholders.
- Manage and supervise project teams including staff, consultants, subcontractors and collaborators.
- Develop and manage project budgets and timelines. Support the growth and development of NCQA staff.
- Support the development of NCQA’s research, performance measurement and product development in various capacities, including generating research ideas, writing proposals, serving as principal investigator, project director, task lead, subject matter expert and other key roles.
- Develop opportunities for funding for research agenda by meeting and developing relationships with outside agencies.
- Develop research design and methods, including specifying clear research questions and hypotheses.
- Lead and conduct research contract and internal projects; lead and supervise project teams; collaborate with data scientists on design and methods.
- Explore and evaluate alternative data sources to address research needs.
- Conduct and provide guidance in quantitative and qualitative analysis of project data.
- Oversee data collection, cleaning and analysis; ensure the quality of analyses, written reports and manuscripts.
- Execute project from inception to completion.
- Doctoral degree in field related to health services research, public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, or similar discipline, or equivalent training and experience.
- Two years’ experience beyond doctoral degree in research or quality improvement.
- At least three publications in peer reviewed literature.
- Delivery system experience (health plan, physician practice).
- Speaking/teaching/management/supervisions experience.
- Experience in implementation science or quality improvement.
- Strong communication skills.
- Collaboration, problem-solving/solutions-oriented approach.
- Ability to multitask, work efficiently, supervise and prioritize, make decisions and function with ambiguity
For more information and to apply, view the job posting.