Global Health & Innovation Conference
Date(s): April 4-5, 2020 Location: Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut First abstract deadline is August 31, 2019. Final abstract deadline is October 15, 2019. Register by October 31, 2019 for a reduced rate.
The Global Health & Innovation Conference (#GHIC), presented annually by United for Sight, is the world’s leading and largest global health conference as well as the largest social entrepreneurship conference, with nearly 2,000 professionals and students from all 50 states and more than 55 countries. This must-attend, thought-leading conference convenes leaders, changemakers, and participants from all sectors of global health, international development, and social entrepreneurship.
The Global Health & Innovation Conference accepts three types of abstract submissions. Professionals and students are eligible to submit any of these types of abstracts.
1. Abstracts for Oral and Poster Presentation
These abstracts may be research-, clinical-, or program-focused. The abstract must include results (data and outcomes), and accepted abstracts will be invited for oral or poster presentation. Review the complete instructions, submission details, and selection criteria at http://www.uniteforsight.org/conference/submit-abstract. The first abstract deadline is August 31, 2019. Presentations submitted by August 31 will be reviewed for the possibility of presenting a poster or oral presentation. Those submitting by this first deadline will be given preference for oral presentations at the conference.
The final abstract deadline is October 15. Presentations submitted by October 15 will be reviewed for the possibility of presenting a poster or oral presentation. The majority of the abstracts submitted by this second deadline will be considered for poster presentation, as most of the oral presentation slots are expected to be filled by those submitting by the first abstract deadline in August. Decisions will be announced around November 30, and decisions are final based on the abstract submitted by the deadline. Review the complete instructions, submission details, and selection criteria at http://www.uniteforsight.org/conference/submit-abstract.
2. Social Impact Pitch Abstracts For Oral Presentation: The Social Impact Lab is an opportunity to present an idea, program, or organization to the audience and to an expert panel for mentoring, guidance, and advice. Instructions and submission details can be seen at http://www.uniteforsight.org/conference/social-enterprise-pitch. August 31 is the first abstract deadline for social impact pitches.
There are two categories of Social Impact Labs:
- Early Stage (idea, program, or organization is less than 3 years old, and ideas in the brainstorming stage are also eligible); and
- Established Stage (program or organization is 3-6 years old).
- A newer program (0-6 years old) that is within an established (7+ year old organization) qualifies for the Social Impact Lab as well.
- “Innovative Initiatives” Information Sessions For Oral Presentation: In contrast to oral and poster abstracts and social enterprise pitches, which are merit-based and selective, the organizational information sessions are advertising opportunities for products or services. Applications are reviewed to determine if the for-profit or non-profit organization provides products or services that may be of great interest to conference participants. Instructions and submission details can be seen at http://www.uniteforsight.org/conference/organization-presentations. August 31 is the first abstract deadline for the Innovative Initiatives Information Sessions for oral presentation.
For additional information, to register and submit an abstract, visit the conference website.