Postdoctoral Research Associate, Wisconsin Center for Education Research, University of Wisconsin – Madison
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until position is filled.
The Wisconsin Center for Education Research at the University of Wisconsin–Madison is offering a full-time Postdoctoral Research Associate position. The primary assignment is with the Rural Education Research and Implementation Center (RERIC). The mission of RERIC is to conduct rigorous, sophisticated, and interdisciplinary research that is responsive to needs identified by rural schools and communities; promote implementation of evidence-based practices in rural school settings; and facilitate engagement among researchers, practitioners, families and youth to maximize educational outcomes and general well-being. The successful candidate will:
Engage in all phases of the research process from exploration and development to dissemination;
Make significant intellectual contributions to RERIC initiatives, such as research, implementation, and outreach;
Manage data, conduct data analyses, contribute to and write grant proposals and peer-reviewed articles, coordinate data collection, recruit schools, implement research protocols with participants, and related activities as assigned.
- an earned doctoral degree in school psychology, special education, or a closely related field by December 2019;
- experience working with administrators and teachers in schools;
- expertise in school mental health and mental health promotion with children and families; and
- experience with scholarly writing.
- interest and experience in rural education research;
- experience in adopting, implementing, and sustaining evidence-based school mental health practices in rural schools;
- ability to work independently and initiate tasks,
- expertise in research design;
- expertise in quantitative analysis; and
- experience with mixed methods or qualitative analysis.
The appointment is for 1-year with the possibility of an additional year contingent on funding and performance.
Applications are being accepted and the position is open until filled. Applications should include: (1) Cover letter; (2) curriculum vitae with three professional references; and (3) two representative publications (or manuscripts in progress). Please send your application materials to Franchesca Beswick at email@example.com.
For more information and to apply, view the posting website.