Master’s-Level Implementation Specialist, RTI International
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC or Berkeley, CA
RTI’s Community Health and Implementation Research Program has an immediate opening for a Master’s-level Implementation Specialist to support our community health and implementation research work in the areas of substance use prevention and treatment. The position will include a broad range of responsibilities in project administration, implementation support/facilitation and research/evaluation. The position requires background or training in one or more of the Program’s topical and technical areas of focus, as well as attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the ability to function both independently and in teams.
This position can be based in either RTP, NC office or Berkeley, CA office.
Please include a cover letter with your application which highlights your familiarity with or application of Implementation Science theory and methods.
- Deliver a range of direct implementation supports to community-based organizations and their staff to support their effective implementation of evidence-based or evidence-informed programs and practices
- Assist with the development of implementation tools, measures, and learning resources that may be useful for current or future implementation support initiatives
- Contribute to and/or prepare portions of presentations and publications
- Compile and manage databases using Excel or other software
- Maintain files to document work performed, including calculations, spreadsheets, memoranda, references, reviewer comments, etc.
- Support development of intervention and training materials, such as manuals, videos, and Webinars
- Review and proof own, and others’, work for accuracy and completeness following project QA & QC processes
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Psychology, Sociology or related area with at least 1 year of relevant implementation science experience
- Familiarity with Implementation Science theory and methods
- Willingness to take on leadership roles on projects with minimal supervision and the ability to lead and mentor junior staff members to develop their talent
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and written
- Demonstrated success in meeting frequent, multiple, tight and competing deadlines
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and with teams, and to establish and maintain good working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and clients
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Previous experience with application of Implementation Science theory and methods.
- Training or experience in program evaluation.
- Previous experience related to providing care for individuals with HIV/AIDS.
- Previous experience related to substance use disorder prevention or treatment.
For more information and to apply, view the job posting.