Staff Scientist, Geisinger, Genomic Research Division
Location: Danville, PA
Responsible for conducting research under the supervision of a research faculty member and functions as a technical or intellectual resource to the assigned work group. May assume responsibility for a specific topic within the faculty member’s research program. Will be able to provide direction around Implementation Science study design, theories, frameworks and methodology (including experience with analyses and reporting that are guided by and/or organized around theories/frameworks or require triangulation of data from multiple sources) and have demonstrated capabilities in program evaluation and mixed method studies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Implementation Science methods with application to innovations to improve point of care and patient health outcomes and can assist in the design and evaluation of these initiatives
- Applies in-depth knowledge of quantitative and qualitative scientific methods including design of data collection instruments and data analysis, using the selected IS theory, model or framework (or guiding the selection of an appropriate IS theory model or framework) to serve as the key component in driving improvements in care.
- Familiar with methods to optimize data collection and use of patient, staff and clinician feedback to improve health
[e.g., strategies for addressing patient/organization/system-level challenges
to collecting data or feedback and/or use of informatics to support
interventions and processes
>· Develops and leads research projects within the defined scope of the supervising faculty member’s research program.
- Responsible for gathering preliminary data for grant applications, completion of objectives of funded external grants, and preparation of completed work for publication.
- Contributes to writing grant applications and manuscripts.
- May submit authored grants with permission of the supervisor.
- Performs literature searches to gather information pertaining to research projects or procedures in order to develop new protocols, projects or grants applications for assigned work group.
- Maintains and completes appropriate records of the purpose, methods, results, and conclusions from each research project.
- May oversee the work of support personnel in the work group at the discretion of the supervising faculty member.
- Participates in research meetings and formal seminars to present, explain, and discuss research conducted by the work group.
- May deliver presentations to extramural audiences at national meetings and academic institutions.
Geisinger has a number of campuses at which clinical and research work occur. There is flexibility regarding which of these campuses will be the home location for the position, and a hybrid model of work in office and remote work is preferred. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Doctoral degree in Implementation Science or Program
Evaluation highly preferred
Doctoral Degree- (Required)
For more information and to apply, view the job posting.