Postdoctoral Fellow Opportunity, University of Geneva
At the University of Geneva, the Section of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the Faculty of Science has an excellent research focus on basic and clinical pharmaceutical sciences. In clinical research, the section collaborates closely with sector-leading partners in ambulatory and hospital-based clinical pharmacy.
With specific expertise in medication adherence among chronic disease outpatients, starting from an implementation science perspective, Prof. Marie Schneider’s research group pursues interprofessional collaboration from the lab to the patient’s bedside.
In order to build on its young, dynamic and motivated team, the Section of Pharmaceutical Sciences’ medication adherence and interprofessionality research group is seeking a Post-Doctoral Fellow (85-100%) for 3 years.
This research position will mainly focus on using implementation science methods to adapt, implement and evaluate myCare Start, an interprofessional intervention program for community pharmacies in Switzerland to support outpatient medication adherence.
Required qualifications and skills:
- PhD in pharmaceutical sciences, health sciences or behavioural science
- Expertise in clinical research methods and statistics
- Strong interpersonal and interprofessional collaborative skills
- A desire to work autonomously in study design, data collection, management & analysis, and scientific production
- Familiarity with qualitative methods, behavioural science and implementation science will be considered an asset
- Previous experience in patient-oriented clinical pharmaceutical sciences will also be considered an asset
- Excellent English proficiency. French proficiency or willingness to learn French would be an additional advantage
- Membership in a research team that collaborates dynamically with the Institute for Primary Care, Faculty of Medicine, and the University of Geneva’s Interprofessional Simulation Centre
- Continuous collaboration in implementation science with the Basel Institute of Nursing Science: https://nursing.unibas.ch/de/forschung/forschungsschwerpunkte/ and the Swiss Implementation Science Network (IMPACT https://impact-dph.unibas.ch/)
- Highly productive national and international collaborations in medication adherence with the ESPACOMP (https://www.espacomp.eu/) and COST ENABLE projects (https://www.cost.eu/actions/CA19132/)
- Extensive access to the research infrastructure at the University of Geneva (e.g. methodological support, IT, library)
- A rich research environment in ambulatory clinical pharmacy with the Pharma24 Medication Adherence and Interprofessionality Group (the U of Geneva’s living lab for outpatient, clinical pharmacy research in Geneva), the clinical pharmacy research groups of the Universities of Lausanne, Bern and Basel, and the Swiss Society of Pharmacists (pharmaSuisse)
As soon as possible
Applications to be submitted by 31 March 2022 (letter of motivation, CV, certificates, diplomas) to Ms. Miroslawa Rebetez at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information can be obtained from Prof. Schneider: email@example.com.