Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Implementation Science, UC San Diego
Applications are invited for a Postdoctor Scholar position with Dr. Gregory Aarons and team at the University of California San Diego, Department of Psychiatry. The position is in their highly collegial research center focused on implementation research located in central San Diego. This will also be aligned with the UC San Diego Dissemination and Implementation Science Center (DISC).
Dr. Aarons’ lab focuses on the implementation and sustainment of evidence-based practices (EBPs) in community-based settings including the development and testing of implementation frameworks and strategies, and the development of pragmatic implementation and sustainment measures. Dr. Aarons’ lab is also known for examination and improvement of system and organizational level factors affecting implementation and sustainment of evidence-based practice, community-academic partnerships, and the advancement and integration of quantitative and qualitative methods in implementation research.
The postdoctoral fellow will primarily work with Dr. Aarons and colleagues in advancing, adapting, and testing the Leadership and Organizational Change for Implementation (LOCI) intervention to include partnership with a statewide health services system, public/private payors, and behavioral health organizational providers to align system-level policies and directives with organizational implementation improvement strategies. The Leadership and Organizational Change for Implementation – System Level (LOCI-SL) intervention seeks to improve implementation leadership, climate, provider attitudes and behaviors, and to support implementation and sustainment of an AI platform to support high quality use of EBPs for substance use disorder (SUD) treatment. There will be opportunities for working on related projects in the US and globally, and with their existing data sets.
Primary activities for the fellow will include:
• Supporting the LOCI-SL strategy activities across system and organizational levels
• Participating and leading organizational consultation
• Interacting with leaders from state agencies, payor organizations, and community-based service provider organizations
• Supporting project logistics
• Participating in and/or leading qualitative methods activities
• PhD or equivalent in public health, psychology, social work or related field
• Strong interest in implementation science and the implementation of evidence-based interventions in community settings, system and organizational implementation issues
• Mixed-methods experience and knowledge of qualitative methods, analysis, and software (e.g., NVivo)
• Knowledge of statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Mplus, R)
• Demonstrated interests in health policy and organizational dynamics
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal and organizational skills
• Previous experience partnering with community stakeholders and community-based organizations
Salary: NIH rate
Start Date: As soon as possible. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, CV, at least 2 writing samples, and the names of 3 professional references. Send materials to Dr. Aarons <email@example.com> and his research coordinator Joella Phillips <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Gregory A. Aarons, PhD
Professor of Psychiatry
Co-Director: UCSD Dissemination and Implementation Science Center (UCSD-DISC)
Director: Child and Adolescent Services Research Center (CASRC)
University of California, San Diego | 9500 Gilman Dr. (0812) | La Jolla, CA 92093-0812
+1 858-966-7703 x243550 | https://profiles.ucsd.edu/gregory.aarons